Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 6 & 7

Ok, weekends are my weakness. There are so many temptations. My first obstacle is that on the weekends my boyfriend and I like to eat out and enjoy our time together. My second obstacle is that Ed (the boyfriend) loves to grill on the weekends (especially now in the summer) but instead of grilling healthy chicken and veggies he's barbecuing fatty, beef ribs and juicy green chile cheese burgers (both of which are freaking amazing...he's simply awesome on the grill). But as you can imagine, it's not easy to be "good" when these types of temptations are all always available. My third weekend obstacle is the movies. I love to watch a movie in the theater over the weekend and you know movies often go with buttery popcorn and candy.

This weekend was no different from any other weekend...all the temptations presented themselves and although I wish I could say that I made good choices, I really didn't. Unfortunately, I made a number of choices that weren't conducive to my healthy living goals. I didn't totally jump off the deep end like I usually do but I still can improve. My plan for next weekend is portion control, portion control, portion control. I don't want to give up what I enjoy but I need to know that I can enjoy without over doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment